Wine, artisanal food, and a beautiful evening in Balboa Park? The Vine Affair is Balboa Park’s first annual wine event, spanning numerous themed locations.
- You’ve got the San Diego Art Institute presenting performance art, along with eclectic wines and breweries. More specifically, they have twenty-three unique collaborations between artists and scientists!
- The Balboa Park Conservancy is working with Prado Restaurant to honor Balboa Park’s heritage with Spanish wine, paella, tapas, and Spanish guitar.
- The San Diego Model Railroad Museum has mid-century jazz, to compliment their exhibit of historic model railroads of the 50s and 60s.
- The San Diego History Center is celebrating San Diego’s Jewish community, with Jewish wines and music.
- And the Fleet Science Center transports us to turn-of-the-century London to celebrate their interactive experience “Sherlock Holmes and the Clocktower Mystery“
There is something for everybody, but mostly for wine lovers.
And rounding out this eccentric collection is none other than the Velveteen Band! We’ll be playing a few sets at the Fleet Science Center, in Victorian London, and perhaps adding a little something to the mystery of it all.
Science? Art? Literature? A unique blend of cultural experiences? You couldn’t keep us away! (oh, and there’s wine)